Saturday 16 February 2013

READING ACTIVITY FOR PRIMARY



Last Tuesday I developed a reading activity with my students in the fourth course in primary education. 
I used it to revise units 1, 2 and 3 and this is what we did.

Pre - reading
We played with the flashcards in order to revise vocabulary.

While - reading
I showed them eight pictures, and they had to match them with their descriptions. 
I started showing them four. Later, they had to move around the class to read the texts.
They compared their solutions in pairs and then in groups of four. 
After that we did the same with the other four pictures.

Post - reading
In groups of four, I gave them one text with gaps. They had to read it again without writing anything. Then in turns, they had to say the answers.
Finally they copy the text in their notebooks filling the gaps.
Each group correct the text using the white blackboard.

Evaluation
The activity was pretty good but I had some problems with technology, so we didn’t have time to do the post activity in that way. I showed them the texts with the gaps on the white blackboard and they said the answer orally.
They find the activity entertaining and quite easy. Maybe I gave them too much information about the pictures.
Next time it would be better...

Resources
Flashcards
PDF with pictures and texts pictures
PDF with texts with gaps fill the gaps presentation
Photocopied texts fill the gaps  
texts to print 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment